▪ McNinch House Restaurant (511 N. Church St.) and Orsini Wines will co-host a burgundy wine dinner from 6-10 p.m. Wednesday pairing a four-course meal and wines selected by house wine stewart Anthony M. Wesley and Orsini Wines’ Mark Orsini. Executive chef Matthew Shepard’s menu includes charred, braised octopus with ginger chili sauce; pan seared cherry pheasant with exotic mushrooms, seasonal vegetables, and wild rice; and beef filet with tri-colored cauliflower and barley risotto. Frangelico mousse, flourless chocolate cake, and amaretto ice cream are served for dessert alongside a glass of champagne. $125. www.mcninchhouserestaurant.com.
▪ Seaboard Taproom & Wine Bar in Matthews (213 N. Trade St.) will host its monthly wine and chocolate pairing event at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Guests can sample five wines and five chocolates from Charlotte-based The Secret Chocolatier. $30. 704-246-8323.
▪ Pink-wine fans know there are a lot of choices in rosés, from sweet to sparkling to bone-dry. At Mega Rosé Saturday from 1-4 p.m. at Foxcroft Wine Co.’s SouthPark location, you can sample more than 40 rosés and decide which type you are. It’s $25 and you can repeat the experience from 1-4 p.m. June 3 at the Dilworth location on East Boulevard. www.foxcroftwine.com. Kathleen Purvis
▪ Arthur’s Wine Shop in Belk SouthPark will reveal secrets of a sommelier during a wine class from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday with the shop’s certified sommelier Craig Brown, who’ll share tips on how to taste, serve and store wine, as well as what foods to pair it with. $25. 704-366-8610. Arthur’s will also host a Mega Wine Tasting from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, when customers can sample 40 American-made wines for $10. 704-366-8610.
▪ It’s an easy 75-mile drive up I-75 for the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival in Elkin. From 11 a.m.-5 p.m., you’ll find more than 25 wineries from the Yadkin Valley, plus food, music and crafts in Elkin Municipal Park. Tickets are $22 in advance or $30 at the gate: www.yadkinvalleync.com. Kathleen Purvis
▪ And if you’re looking for a full-on day trip: More than 18 tasting locations will be set up throughout the historic Village of Pinehurst (105 Cherokee Road) during its Spring Wine Walk & Food Festival, with walk-start times of 4 and 6 p.m. Saturday. $35. www.insidepinehurst.com.
On the menu
Bonefish Grill will serve a seasonal menu through June 19 that includes New Orleans-inspired Creole-style redfish (a sweet, mild fish with a medium-firm texture) topped with a crawfish and served with sweet corn spoonbread. Other additions are crab cake-topped, wood-grilled Atlantic Cobia, fresh Maryland softshell crab, cedar plank Norwegian salmon, and North Atlantic haddock. Bonefish has locations in Charlotte, Matthews, Concord, and Huntersville. www.bonefishgrill.com.